Renthal Lock-On Traction Mountain Bike Grips
Created by Renthal to keep you in control over the harshest terrains and the most challenging trails, the Lock-On Traction Grips are made in four different compound options. This means you’ll find a type to suit your personal riding style. To ensure they always stay in place, the inner locking rings are integrated with the grip’s core, preventing any movement from developing over time.
This Traction grip pattern was designed to give ultimate control in all conditions. The additional mechanical grip of the Traction pattern means that you can retain control, no matter what the weather might throw at you.
The handlebar grip is your key contact point for controlling your bike. Having a grip suited to your individual demands is hugely important. For this reason, Renthal offers a wide range of compounds to suit every rider’s preference.
- Material: Renthal Resin Compound (various compound options available)
- Length: 130mm (grip section 110mm)
- Use: Mountain Bike (MTB)
- Single or Pair: Pair
- Forward facing ramped finger ridges
- Rearward facing angled palm grooves
- Consistent pattern
- Open-Ended grip features
- Offset grip material
- Medium Compound: Gives high levels of control, coupled with increased durability
- Soft Compound: Gives high levels of grip, with its tacky feel and superb, fatigue-reducing shock absorption
- Aramid Resin Compound: Gives the ultimate combination of a soft and tacky feel and unbeatable durability
- Ultra Tacky Compound: Gives the ultimate in control, through its unique, adhesive surface coating
- Rearward Facing Angled Palm Grooves: When braking or steep descending, the majority of the torque and grip is concentrated through the palm. Grooves cut with a rearward facing angle give improved grip in this situation. As the ramped groove is cut into the grip, it gives a comfortable, large surface area for the palm in normal riding conditions
- Consistent Pattern: The grooves and ridges are consistent across the width of the grip, to accommodate riding with your hand in any position. Be it right in the centre, or with the heal of the hand over the end of the grip, the additional traction is just as effective
- Open-Ended Grip Features: Riding in extreme conditions, crashes are inevitable, which can result in the grip getting packed with mud. We designed the grips to have open-ended grip features, allowing mud to be purged off the end of the grip
- Offset Grip Material: For comfort, the grip material under the palm area has been increased to give improved cushioning. Thinner grip material is used under the finger area to keep the overall outside diameter the same
Buy Renthal Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.