Schwalbe Super Moto-X MTB Tyre (GreenGuard)
Ready for everything from tarmac use to aggressive off-road E-MTB riding, this tough tyre brings you the comfort and grip to thrive on all terrain types. Schwalbe has also the Super-Moto-X tyre gives you reliable puncture protection, as there is a Green Guard belt under the tread. In addition to this, this MTB tyre’s sidewalls are reinforced so it’s ready to ride the trails as hard as you dare. E-Bike certified, this tyre is ready to handle the extra torque and speed that power-assisted bikes deliver.
Reasons to Buy:
- Fantastic comfort and grip.
- Reliable puncture protection.
- Reinforced sidewalls.
- E-bike certified.
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Bead Type: Wired
- Compound: Dual
- Casing: GreenGuard
- Puncture Protection: Snake
- Tubeless Compatible: No
- Pressure: 2.00 - 4.00 Bar (30 - 55 psi)
- Maximum Load: 145kg
- EPI: 67
- Profile: HS439
- Size: ETRTO 62-584 (27.5x2.4")
- Weight: 1125g (39oz)
- GreenGuard: The insert of highly flexible natural rubber is 3mm thick. Its inner values are also "green". A third of the GreenGuard is produced from recycled latex products.
- E-Bike Ready 50:
- Need a special tyre for an E-bike? - In standard pedal assisted E-Bikes that have motor assist up to 25km/h, there is no legal requirement for a special tyre. But even with these bikes, loads and average speeds are higher than in regular bikes, therefore Schwalbe recommends only certain tyres as "E-Bike Ready 25".
- What should you look out for with faster E-bikes? - Special tyres are necessary for fast E-bikes. The best solution is tyres with ECE-R75 certification, valid throughout Europe. All Schwalbe's Energizer tyres bear the mark and are valid on vehicles up to 50km/h.
- Some Marathon sizes have also the ECE-R75 mark. What's the difference between Energizer and Marathon? - It is in the compound. A Marathon is renowned for its extremely high mileage. The service life of the Energizer models is not bad, but the main focus is on grip and thus safety in high speed cornering.
- SnakeSkin: One of Schwalbe's most effective inventions for Mountain bikes, SnakeSkin fabric adds only 40-50g per tyre. This makes it the most practical protection against sharp rocks that can easily cut the side wall of light racing tyres. SnakeSkin in rocky terrain is a great call
Buy Schwalbe Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.