Look Keo 2 Max Carbon Pedals
Enjoy enhanced pedalling power, with the Max Carbon Pedals from Look. Offering a wider pedal to push and drive you forward and benefiting from a slimmer design, these pedals combine comfort and power to make a package that helps you push forward.
- Body Material: Carbon
- Spindle Material: Oversized Chromoly (CrMo)
- Intended Use: Recreational to competition
- Pedal Stack Height: 17.3mm (inc. cleats)
- Contact Surface Area: 500mm²
- Tension: 8Nm to 12Nm adjustable spring
- Cleats: Supplied with grey Look Keo Grip Cleats
- Float: Black Cleat: 0°; Grey Cleat: 4.5°; Red Cleat: 9° (grey 4.5° cleats supplied)
- Weight: Pedal: 125g; Pair with Cleats: 312g
- Optimised Surface Contact: The Look Keo 2 Max Carbon pedal’s surface area has substantial symbolic importance. It is part of the brand’s identity and acts as an indelible signature on the product. The contact surface of these revised Keo 2 Max Carbon pedals preserves the strong lines on which its history was built. Its width has been increased to 60 mm to provide a larger platform and improved foot stability during pedalling. This creates a feeling of unrivalled comfort not found in any other pedal. Look also sought to optimise power transfer thanks to its larger 500 mm² of usable surface (+25% increase). The shape of the stainless-steel plate has been revised to match that of the cleat and to keep, regardless of the position of your foot (depending upon the angular float you use), the same amount of contact for consistent performance. Increasing the pedal’s usable contact surface, without any additional weight gain, improves the power to weight ratio, making the product even better and allowing you to perform at your best.
- Improved Spindle Profile: The spindle profile of the Keo 2 Max Carbon pedals has also been optimised. Built around an oversized CrMo+ steel axle, it is composed of an axle with an inner ball bearing and a needle roller bearing, located under the contact surface, to handle the load and distribute it optimally. A new component has been added between these two bearings. A serrated washer, previously used to hold the needle roller bearing in place, has been replaced with a conical spacer. This technical solution reduces friction, increases fluidity, and by consequence, decreases the geometrical tolerances of the pedal body and play. The sole purpose of the sum of these improvements has been to guarantee you irreproachable reliability.
Buy Look Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.