Maxxis Minion DHR II Wide Trail (EXO-TR-3C)
Engineered for tackling wide trails thanks to their modern trail rims, these tyres feature both a fast-rolling tread pattern and an optimised grip for your control. Perfect for use with downhill riding, they offer exceptional speed and control thanks to their lightweight construction.
A Balanced Trail Tyre: Speed and Grip
The use of a bespoke 3C Maxx Terra compound will increase the traction in fast corners when the competition is sliding out. Designed to bridge the gap between the fast-rolling 3C MaxxSpeed and the super-soft 3C MaxxGrip compounds, the Minion DHR II Wide Trail combines the best of both compounds, making it the perfect solution for a wide variation of Trail conditions.
- Wide tyre carcass to suit 30-35mm internal rim widths
- Paddle-like centre knobs for improved braking
- Ramped tread to roll fast and track straight after braking
- Use: Mountain Bike (MTB)
- Type: Clincher
- Bead: Folding
- Tubeless Ready: Yes
- Casing TPI: 60
- Compound: 3C Maxx Terra Wide Trail
- Max Recommended Pressure PSI: 50
- Size/Width: 27.5/2.4; 29/2.4
- Weight: 995g
- EXO Protection: An extremely cut-resistant and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls of select mountain tyres. This densely woven fabric is also lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tyre remains unaffected. Choose EXO Protection for exceptionally rocky, treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high.
- Tubeless Ready: Tubeless tyres provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tyre; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube. Maxxis Tubeless Ready (TR) tyres provide the benefits of a UST tubeless tyre without the weight penalty. Their TR tyres use a standard casing and require the use of a liquid sealant in order to make them airtight. Maxxis Tubeless Ready tyres are the only Maxxis tyres approved for use with liquid sealants. Using a liquid sealant in any non-TR Maxxis tire will void the warranty.
- 3C Triple Compound: Maxxis 3C Triple Compound mountain technology uses a harder, longer-lasting base layer and two progressively softer top layers in order to optimise traction and stability. Maxxis offers three different configurations of 3C Triple Compound mountain technology: Maxx Speed, Maxx Terra and Maxx Grip.
- Maxx Terra: An intermediate compound configuration used in select mountain tyres. 3C Maxx Terra is softer and offers more traction than 3C Maxx Speed, yet provides better treadwear and less rolling resistance than Maxx Grip.
Buy Maxxis Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.