Shimano Tiagra 4700 STI Shifter Set (2x10)
This pair of Tiagra 4700 road bike brake levers/shifters bring you the reliability that Tiagra components are renowned for, but now have been enhanced with technologies from Shimano’s higher-spec models. These STI (Shimano Total Integration) levers give you more intuitive control and reach adjust to personalise the operation, plus Shimano has improved the braking power they offer by 30%.
Reasons to Buy:
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Adjustable reach for a rider-tuned feel
- Speed: Front: 2-speed; Rear: 10-speed
- Compatibility: Shimano road front derailleurs and 10-speed rear derailleurs
- Clamp Type: Round clamp suitable for handlebars with a diameter of 23.8-24.2mm
- Use: Road
- Includes inner brake and gear cables only
- Pair of shifters
- Compatible with Shimano 105, Ultegra and Dura-Ace 10 speed components
- Manufacturer Reference Code: ST4700PA
- Optislick: Optislick cables feature a minimal and uniform electrically coated layer that improves cable routing efficiency and provides excellent corrosion resistance
- SLR (Shimano Linear Response): The Super SLR design makes use of a friction-reducing mechanism in the caliper, lever and cable that improve response and modulation. Also for the lever, the Servowave mechanism is adopted to provide quick contact of shoe to rim and longer stroke from the initial braking effect for better control. SLR is the essential factor in the Shimano dual-pivot caliper that deliver more braking power than conventional side-pulls
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever is equipped with a reach adjust mechanism. The distance from handlebar grip to lever can be adjusted to suit any hand size, type of riding and individual rider preferences
- DCL (Dual Control Lever): It has brake and shifting functions in the system and enables easy operation. Ergonomic innovation is probably more critical to the higher standard performance than the added gearing. The shift internals borrow the robustness from our MTB technology and are so smooth and effortless that one finger shifts front and rear are possible. Indeed, shifting is the ultimate act of Shimano Total Integration, and simply has to be experienced to be understood.
- SP41: With OT-SP41 the entire length of the outer casing is pre-lubricated with a special silicone grease for quick and precise shifting performance. OT-SP41 maximally reduces the inner cable friction to provide quick response to operations and easy/effortless shifting. Moreover, power loss due to delay in shifting and fatigue by shifting especially when you ride on the terrain with many ups and downs as well as a long distance is also reduced.
A 2 year warranty is offered with all Shimano products from Chain Reaction Cycles (3 years on Dura-Ace and XTR products).
Buy Shimano Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.