RockShox SID World Cup Solo Air Forks - Boost
The RockShox SID fork is the most successful fork that RockShox have ever created. It has aided riders in achieving more international victories and Olympic gold medals than any other fork on the market; its sole purpose in racing is success.
Fine Tuneable Performance
The SID World Cup's main weight saver is a 1-piece carbon steerer and crown for ultimate stiffness and responsiveness. When combined with BOOST technology, this version of the SID World Cup can run wider tyres that increases traction, stability and grip. The BOOST standard uses a wider and stiffer axle to wheel interface, which grants even greater performance. It features compression adjustment for fine tuning and has been designed to achieve the perfect balance between stiffness, speed and weight. Precise steering characteristics and enhanced damping performance is achieved thanks to the optimised Charger 2 damping system. Each element of this forks' design is focused on winning and as history has proven, it does it very well.
- Material: Magnesium (lower leg), Aluminium (stanchions)
- Steerer: Carbon (1-piece tapered crown/steerer)
- Axle: BOOST 15x110mm
- Damper Adjust: Crown, remote (included)
- Spring: Solo Air
- Upper Tube Finish: Fast Black
- Maxle Included: Maxle Ultimate
- Damping Adjustments: External rebound, 2 position(open/lock) with compression adjustment
- Minimum Rotor Size: 160mm
- Maximum Rotor Size: 203mm
- Weight: 1.36kg
- Charger 2 Damper: The evolution of the acclaimed Charger, RockShox’s most advanced damper, brings a whole new level of performance and refinement for each intended use. This damper designs provides a wider range of low speed compression adjustment in the Open mode, with a more usable Pedal setting that excels on rolling trails.
- BOOST: With revolutionary advancements in bicycle componentry, like SRAM’s XX1, X01 and X1 drivetrains, mountain bike designers have been given almost limitless freedom to focus solely on the performance of the bike. Each advancement demands that the entire bike package works flawlessly. Aggressive Trail and Enduro riders have been increasingly enjoying the benefits of larger wheels, but many still view 27.5" and 29" wheels as a possible weak link. Which is why SRAM has developed an open standard with Boost compatible components for SRAM drivetrain, hubs and RockShox forks.
- Bottomless Tokens: Bottomless Tokens allow riders to easily custom tune their RockShox fork’s air-spring performance to best match their own riding style and suspension preference. Adding the easy-to-install Bottomless Tokens changes the air-spring curve to resist bottom-out after a big hit, giving aggressive riders the power to attack the trail harder. Removing Bottomless Tokens makes the air-spring curve more linear, enhancing suspension feel for certain types of terrain or trail condition and ensuring riders who are less front-end aggressive benefit from 100 percent of their fork’s travel.
- Rapid Recovery: The Rapid Recovery System allows the shock to recover faster between consecutive bumps, letting the wheel track the ground with greater precision. This more active suspension system doesn’t pack up and enables the bike to ride in a higher and softer part of the spring rate. Rapid Recovery gives the rider access to more available wheel travel, bump after bump, to achieve a smoother and more controlled ride
- Solo Air: Its enlightened design lets you add air to your forks through a single Schrader valve, filling both the positive and negative air spring chambers simultaneously. Giving you a plush, predictable ride you can set up in seconds, with the lightest weight air spring on the market.
- Torque Caps: Torque Caps make the bond between hub and fork dropout stronger, with an increased surface area connecting the two. This creates a stronger, stiffer interface, giving you a more responsive front wheel and more control. Meaning you concentrate on the most important connection, the one between your bike and the trail.
- OneLoc: The OneLoc remote provides total control over your suspension at your fingertips. The increased leverage at the bar provides a smoother and easier actuation. Its countless mounting options (left and right, below or above the bar, tall or standard clamp) make it an ideal companion for SRAM's drivetrain, brakes and RockShox's Reverb remote.
- Air Guides: RockShox print Air Guides on all their air-sprung forks. It will help you set up your suspension in seconds instead of minutes and more time on your bike equals more chances to earn King of the Mountain on your favourite trail.
Buy RockShox Frames and Forks from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.