BSD ALVX AF Frame
The ALVX AF is the latest evolution of the Alex Donnachie signature frame design. Designed to withstand the abuse of street riding and to provide outstanding stability and responsiveness, this frame is a masterpiece in BMX freestyle frame construction.
Short Chainstays, Epic Tyre Clearance, Awesome Durability
This new rendition features invest cast chainstay yoke and invest cast one-piece dropouts, which enables the chainstay length to be as short as it can be and provides even more tyre clearance while stiffening up the rear triangle. The rear wheel can be slammed to an extremely short 12.5" chainstay length with no worries of your tyre rubbing. For an awesomely responsive and reactive frame that also offers hardcore durability, look no further than the BSD ALVX.
- Material: Sanko Japanese seamless 4130 CrMo Tubing
- Headtube Angle: 75.5°
- Headtube Length: 117mm
- Seat Tube Angle: 71°
- Rear End Length: 12.5-13"
- BB Height: 11.7"
- Standover Height: 8.7"
- Brake Mounts: Brakeless
- Weight: 5lb (2.26kg)
- Invest Cast Yoke: By using invest casting BSD are able to create a chainstay yoke that creates more clearance for the tyre when your wheel is slammed. Also, because this part is cast and heat treated it significantly strengthens and stiffens the rear end of the frame.
- Invest Cast Dropouts: The dropout is cast as one piece, which is significantly stronger than a plate welded to a tube. At 7mm thick, it provides superb support for the rear axle when smashing features during each run, and the small shape has been designed for grinding meaning there's no overhang to catch on ledges or rails. The dropout is heat treated before welding making it extra tough and it features integrated chain tensioner bolts inside - it's every street riders dream.
- External Gussets: To handle the pressures of modern riding, BSD have achieved excetpional strength by using a combination of butted tubing and external gussets. The highest concentration of stress on a frame is at the junctions between the headtube/toptube and headtube/downtube, which BSD have paid particular attention to reinforce, without increasing the weight for an exceptionally reliable and robust freestyle frame construction.
Buy BSD Frames & Forks from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.