Schwalbe Eddy Current Evo Super Trail Front Tyre
With its wide footprint, E-MTB (electric mountain bike) -specific design and advanced ADDIX Soft compound, the Eddy Current front tyre brings you the grip, stability and bite you need to attack the trails. This tyre will ensure you get the very best out of your electrically assisted mountain bike.
Electric Mountain Bike Specific Tyre
Eddy Current is the name of Schwalbe's first tyre specifically developed for the E-MTB - for all mountain, enduro and gravity riding. The blocks are about 20 percent larger than on the Magic Mary, for example. This results in greater stability, more traction and longer durability. This Super Trail model is designed for use with medium travel bikes.
A revolution for E-MTBs, this electric mountain bike tyre is the Schwalbe's first real E-MTB specialist. It allows uncompromising riding even uphill, takes fierce acceleration as well as allowing technical riding on trails. Its solid appearance comes from the stable blocks, more rubber and big widths.
Here is a comparison between the ADDIX compounds that shows how they improve performance in relation to the VertStar, TrailStar and PaceStar Compounds.
- Compound: ADDIX Soft
- Bead Type: Folding
- Casing: Single ply, 67 tpi
- Puncture Protection: Yes, Super Trail
- Tubeless Compatible: Yes
- Maximum propulsion and braking traction through massive blocks that transmit sufficient power to the ground, even on the steepest climbs
- Hard-wearing thanks to large-volume centre studs
- Tread design inspired by Motocross with massive, stable studs in the centre and the shoulder area for reliable riding behaviour
- Concise V-Grooves in the centre and side blocks for direct, precise steering characteristics.
- Specially adjusted design for rear wheel use
- Sold Individually
- Recommended Tyre Pressures:
- 27.5x2.6" and 29x2.6": 20-45 psi (1.5-3 bar)
- 27.5x2.8": 17-38 psi (1.2-2.6 bar)
- 27.5x2.6": 1455g;
- 27.5x2.8": 1470g
- Addix Soft: Addix Soft is a compound that bridges many disciplines. It’s just as at home in the enduro and downhill world as it is in the demanding discipline of all-mountain and trail riding. It also impresses when used in combination with other ADDIX tyres – more speed: Soft on the front, Speedgrip on the back. Or more damping: Ultra Soft on the front, Soft on the back
- E-50: E-Bike tyres with European ECE-R75 approval. Schwalbe's recommendation for fast E-Bikes - S-Pedelecs with type approval, insurance and motor assist over 25 km/h – for which a special tyre approval is necessary
- Tubeless Technology: For all ambitious sports cyclists, Tubeless is the right choice. Only Tubeless achieves the best values in terms of more speed, grip, puncture protection and comfort
- Super Trail: As versatile as a multi-tool: a stable construction, with a range of applications from intense all-mountain and trail rides to enduro use. Ideal for riders riding a medium-travel bike.
- Evolution Line: Tyres with the very best possible highest grade materials with the latest technology
Buy Schwalbe Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.