Shimano SLX M7120 Brake Caliper
This four-piston brake caliper is optimised for dominating the trails as it provides versatile high-performance braking control. It features quicker piston retraction which instils greater downhill confidence and modulation as you carve your way around the mountain. Furthermore, its clever design decreases disc brake rotor wobbling noise and increases braking power by 10% in comparison to its predecessor.
- Material: Aluminium
- Use: MTB
- Recommended Brake Lever: BL-M7100
- Recommended Brake Rotor: SM-RT70
- Piston: 4-piston
- Oil: Mineral oil
- Mount: Post Mount
- Type: Hydraulic disc brake
- Hose: Banjo
- Pad: Resin (Organic)
- Four Piston: A disc brake system with the dual diameter opposed-piston caliper design has differently sized pistons in the front and in the rear. The system adopts a power transfer system in which the disc brake rotor is pressed by the smaller sized piston at the entrance of the disc brake rotor intake and also by the more powerful larger sized piston at the back. This prevents the wobbling motion of the disc brake rotor and reduces noises significantly. The 4-piston caliper also allows a wider contact area for the disc brake rotor while keeping the size compact, and the efficient location of pads is adjusted as necessary to stabilise the pressure. In combination use with the Servowave lever it provides an incredible 50% more stopping power than the previous model. The advanced Saint/Zee disc brake system, which adjusts to accommodate the different braking styles of different riders, offers stable braking power and excellent modulation.
- Ice Technologies: The fade, which can occur to disc brake rotor and pad when braking on a long downhill ride for instance, has a negative impact on the braking performance. Shimano has adopted Ice Technologies disc brake rotors and Ice Technologies pads to realise the cooling technology for consistent performance. The clad disc brake rotor blade, which has a 3 layer-sandwich structure of stainless steel, aluminium and stainless steel, provides better radiation performance achieving from 400˚C to 300˚C surface temperature. Also, the radiation fin has been adopted for the pad. Moreover, the clad disc brake rotor blade and the radiator fin provide long pad life, less noise, less fade and lightweight.
A 2-year warranty is offered with all Shimano products from Chain Reaction Cycles (3 years on Dura-Ace and XTR products).
Buy Shimano Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.