Shimano XT M8100 MTB Crankset
This high-quality XT crankset is engineered for off-road use as it features hollow forged alloy crank construction which maximises its power transfer while keeping its weight reduced. Packed with some of the finest Shimano technologies around, this lightweight and rigid model is the perfect solution for dominating your way around the trails.
- Material: Alloy
- Use: MTB
- Mount: Direct Mount
- Speed: 12 speed only
- Number of Chainrings: Not Included
- Arm: New Shimano centrelock
- Chainline: 52mm
- Q Factor: 172mm
- Recommended Bottom Bracket: BB-MT800 (Thread Type); BB-MT800-PA (Pressfit)
- Compatible Chain: HG 12 speed
- Dynamic Chain Engagement+: Dynamic Chain Engagement+ is a special gear teeth profile designed for use in single-chainring configurations for XC, enduro, and trail riding. It gives more chain retention and smoother pedalling - even over bumpy terrain. Chain retention of any gear will reduce abrasion and worn out.
- Hollowtech II: Providing the best balance of stiffness, strength, weight and rotating performance. The concept of Hollowtech II technology is focused on producing a superior crankset which will maximise a rider’s power transfer. The rigidity of the crankset ensures pedalling efficiency while its weight, a key element of the crankset, you want light, aids in cycling longer distances over which the rider needs to pedal more. Naturally, Shimano strove for the optimum balance between the conflicting needs of stiffness while producing a lightweight crank. Hollowtech technology is an ultra-lightweight hollow crankarm created by Shimano with the company’s own proprietary forging technology that also maintains rigidity. The addition of Hollowtech II technology integrates the bottom bracket axle with the right crankarm for more stiffness and weight savings to achieve a high-dimensional balance. Its outboard bottom bracket bearing system provides better weight distribution and more pedalling stability, allowing for more efficient power transfer. The Hollowtech II crankset has been developed by pursuing the optimum balance of stiffness & rotating performance in a lightweight and beautiful crankset design. Moreover, Hollowtech II crankset has a high-precision sealing in the bearing area to increase durability maintaining the excellent rotating performance for long periods.
A 2-year warranty is offered with all Shimano products from Chain Reaction Cycles (3 years on Dura-Ace and XTR products).
Buy Shimano Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.