Selle SMP Drakon Road Saddle
The Selle Drakon saddle is developed for anyone with a medium-wide pelvis. Constructed in a similar way to the Forma model but with a medium thickness pad and is designed to support areas of the pelvis.
Covered in microfibre, it also features the completely open central channel, the original front nose and raised rear support, give these saddles a fascinating aerodynamic style. The Drakon model is the intermediate solution between the Dynamic and Lite 209 models.
- Use: Road, MTB
- Padding: Foamed elastomer
- Body: Carbon fibre filled with Nylon 12
- Covering: Real leather for the black models and microfibre for the coloured models
- Frame/Rails: AISI 304 stainless steel tube
- Selle SMP completely free central channel
- Original eagle-beak nose offers flat base for efforts when sitting
- Raised rear profile avoids pressure on the coccyx when riding on rough roads
- Ideal saddle for sports or leisure cycling
- Suited for people with a medium-wide pelvis
- SMP4BIKE: SMP's set a fundamental objective: "To reduce pressure on the perineum and the consequent pressing of neuro-vascular structures in order to decrease the incidence of genitourinary problems and disorders in cyclists". To pursue this objective, they set further goals: their saddles must have an innovative design and top quality. Research and development activities led to defining exclusive patents regarding shape, curvature and the dimensions of the various parts that make up the saddle
- The nose of the saddle (Beak): The characteristic "beak" shape has been designed to provide a flat base for efforts when sitting, for example when facing long uphill climbs and as help in descents, offering greater bike control using the thighs. Furthermore, the most important thing is that the "sensitive areas" are not pressed upward
- The central channel: The central channel's unusual dimensions permits the "sensitive areas" of the human body not undergo any pressure
- Cyclist's sitting position: Body weight is divided between the rear and the lower part of the ischial tuberosities. The position is helped by the rear profile shaped of the saddle in such a way to avoid pressure on the coccyx when riding on rough roads.
- The length of the bars/frame: It permits any cyclist to find the correct position on the saddle, making installation particularly simple and efficacious on practically any frame/seat post combination
Buy Selle SMP Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.