Shimano SLX M7120 Disc Brake
This incredibly durable Disc Brake from Shimano benefits from a noise-reducing four-piston caliper for a quieter ride and a rider tuneable lever for exceptional control. Ideally suited for mountain bike riding, this disc brake benefits from a sturdy aluminium construction for long-lasting, lightweight quality for tackling whatever challenges you meet on the trail.
- Part No: BR-M7120
- Type: Hydraulic Disc Brake
- Material: Lever: Aluminium anodised; Caliper: Aluminium painted
- Use: Mountain Bike
- Caliper Mount: Post Mount
- Lever Length: 2 fingers
- Adjustment: Tool-less reach adjustment
- Piston: 4-piston
- Pads: N03A Resin with fin
- Brake Fluid: Mineral oil
- Weight: 284g (approx.)
- Servo Wave Action: When you pull a Servo Wave brake lever, initial pad travel is fast, so little lever movement is needed to bring the pads into contact with the rotor. The power multiplication factor then increases rapidly at the pad-to-rim contact so more of the lever stroke is used to apply greater braking power with improved control.
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever is equipped with a reach to adjust mechanism. The distance from the handlebar grip to lever can be adjusted to suit any hand size, type of riding and individual rider preferences.
- Ice Technologies: The fade, which can occur to disc brake rotor and pad when braking on a long downhill ride, has a negative impact on the braking performance. Shimano has adopted Ice Technologies disc brake rotor and Ice Technologies pad to realise the cooling technology for consistent performance. The clad disc brake rotor blade, which has a 3 layer-sandwich structure of stainless steel, aluminium and stainless steel, provides better radiation performance achieving from 400˚C to 300˚C surface temperature. Also, the radiation fin has been adopted for the pad. Moreover, the clad disc brake rotor blade and the radiator fin provide long pad life, less noise, less fade and lightweight.
- Four Piston: Disc brake system with the dual-diameter opposed-piston caliper design has differently sized pistons in front and in the rear. The system adopts a power transfer system in which the disc brake rotor is pressed by the smaller sized piston at the entrance of the disc brake rotor intake and also by the more powerful larger sized piston at the back. This prevents the wobbling motion of the disc brake rotor and reduces noises significantly. The 4-piston caliper also allows a wider contact area for the disc brake rotor while keeping the size compact, and the efficient location of pads is adjusted as necessary to stabilise the pressure. In combination use with the Servo Wave lever, it provides an incredible 50% more stopping power than the previous model. The advanced Saint/Zee disc brake system, which adjusts to accommodate the different braking styles of different riders, offers stable braking power and excellent modulation.
- I-Spec EV: I-Spec EV creates a clean and action-optimized cockpit that provides greater focus and flexibility for a wider range of riders. Wider adjustment range allows riders of various styles, preferences and body styles to adjust to the optimal position. Ergonomic design, quicker lever access, and light operation enhance rider comfort and concentration.
Click HERE to check out the Shimano Brake Reference Guides.
A 2-year warranty is offered with all Shimano products from Chain Reaction Cycles (3 years on Dura-Ace and XTR products).
Buy Shimano Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.