SRAM Guide RE E-MTB Disc Brake
Specially optimised for use with the latest E-MTBs, the Guide RE brakes have the extra power you need to control the extra speed and additional weight that these bikes have. Ready for the most aggressive riding these mountain bike disc brakes adopt the same 4-piston hydraulic disc caliper from SRAM’s downhill brakes and DOT 5.1 brake fluid. This brake fluid is more heat-resistant, preventing brake-fade as you take on long descending sections.
- Body Material: Forged Aluminium
- Lever Material: Aluminium - stamped
- Caliper Design: 4-piston, dual diameter caliper
- Caliper Mount: Post Mount
- Brake Type: Hydraulic disc brake
- Recommended Rotor Type: 1-piece CenterLine
- Pad: Steel-backed metal sintered (included)
- Brake Fluid Type: DOT 5.1
- Lever Mount: Ambidextrous
- Adjustment: Tool-free Reach Adjust, Contact Point Adjust, Banjo Adjust
- Special Features: Contact Point Adjust, Piggyback Reservoir, MatchMaker X compatible
- Technology Highlight(s): TPC™ Plus, DirectLink™, DOT 5.1™
- Pad/Holder: Top-loading
- Intended Use: E-MTB
- System: Open System
- Tri-Align Caliper Positioning System: No
- Tool-Free Pad Replacement: Yes
- Stainless Hardware: Yes
- Sold individually
- Brake is fully assembled and comes pre-bled ready for installation
- Weight: 415g
Please Note: Centerline rotor NOT included
Manufacturer Reference Codes:
- Front: 00.5018.101.000; Rear: 00.5018.101.001
- DirectLink™: SRAM’s DirectLink lever design produces a solid, positive feel the second you squeeze the lever to engage the brake. It offers a no-nonsense solution to give you precise control.
- MatchMaker and MMX Compatible: Save weight and clutter on the bar with Matchmaker. It holds Avid levers, SRAM® triggers, and various RockShox® controls, all with one tidy, light, clamp-a dream come true for handlebar component footprint conservationists the world over. Available in two versions: Matchmaker™ X integrates the RockShox®XLoc and is compatible with XX and X0 brakes. Standard Matchmaker™ is also available and works with any split-clamp design and RockShox® PushLoc.
- PiggyBack™ Reservoir: The brake fluid reservoir on SRAM’s latest lever design is optimised for both performance and ease of use. The PiggyBack Reservoir offers a simple, failsafe way to manage brake fluid, and also allows for ambidextrous lever placement-so you can switch your levers on the handlebar and run them moto style without any hassle.
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.
- TPC Plus™ (Timing Port Closure): A hydraulic brake’s timing port is the connection between the reservoir and the master cylinder bore. When the lever is squeezed, a cup seal passes this area and closes the port to pressurise the system. SRAM’s new timing port closure system, called TPC Plus, features durable seals and an ultra-smooth cylinder bore finish producing dependable braking power and consistency.
- DOT 5.1™: Heat is an enemy of any brake system, so advancements in heat management mean advancements in your ride. SRAM found that DOT 5.1 takes almost three times longer to boil than DOT 4, thus allowing flawless, fade-free performance in even more extreme conditions.
Buy SRAM Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.