SRAM Guide RS Disc Brake
To ride the trails fast, it isn’t just about getting up to speed, it’s being confident enough to hold that speed for longer. With the Guide RS brakes on your mountain bike, you’ll be able to brake later and finely control your descent speed so you can dominate the terrain. Equipped with a race-proven four-piston brake caliper and SRAM’s SwingLink lever technology, this hydraulic disc brake brings you better pad contact for braking with authority.
Reasons to Buy:
- Hold your speed for longer.
- Precisely control your descent speed.
- Race-proven four-piston brake caliper.
- Gives you better pad contact for braking.
- Brake Type: Hydraulic disc brake
- Lever Material: Aluminium
- Lever Mount: Ambidextrous
- Caliper Material: Forged Aluminium
- Caliper Mount: Post Mount
- Caliper Design: 4-piston, dual diameter caliper
- Finish: Black
- Rotor: Centerline
- Pad: Steel-backed Organic
- Fluid: DOT 5.1
- Lever Adjustment: Tool-free Reach Adjust, Banjo Adjust
- Special Features: Tool-free Reach Adjust, Piggyback Reservoir, MatchMaker X compatible, Lever Pivot Bearings
- Technology Highlight(s): SwingLink™, PURE™ Bladder, TPC™ Plus
- Pad/Holder: Top-loading
- Intended Use: Trail/All-Mountain/Freeride
- System: Open System
- Rotor Sizes: 140 (rear), 160, 170, 180, 200mm
- Tri-Align Caliper Positioning System: No
- Tool-Free Pad Replacement: Yes
- Bend Zone™: Yes
- Ambidextrous: Yes
- Stainless Hardware: Yes
- Weight: 380g
Please note: Centerline rotor NOT included
- MatchMaker and MMX Compatible: Save weight and clutter on the bar with Matchmaker. It holds Avid levers, SRAM® triggers, and various RockShox® controls, all with one tidy, light, clamp--a dream come true for handlebar component footprint conservationists the world over. Available in two versions: Matchmaker™ X integrates the RockShox®XLoc and is compatible with XX and X0 brakes. Standard Matchmaker™is also available and works with any split-clamp design and RockShox® PushLoc
- PiggyBack™ Reservoir: The brake fluid reservoir on SRAM’s latest lever design is optimised for both performance and ease of use. The PiggyBack Reservoir offers a simple, failsafe way to manage brake fluid, and also allows for ambidextrous lever placement - so you can switch your levers on the handlebar and run them moto without hassle
- PURE™ Bladder: SRAM’s new brake lever design includes a reshaped bladder, called Pure, that helps regulate and reduce air bubbles. The bladder is specifically shaped to evacuate air from the lever and push the fluid exactly where it’s needed. The result is improved back-pressure relief, which produces dependable braking power and consistency
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone
- SwingLink™: Squeeze a new SRAM brake lever and you notice it immediately. Less deadband. More positive pad engagement. A new cam system requires less lever throw to push the pads toward the rotor. That’s great, but there’s more to perfect braking performance than just power. You need control. Many brake systems minimize deadband - but at the cost of modulation. SwingLink solves that with its special cam shape. When the pads contact the rotor, power is modulated, avoiding that “on/off” brake feel. It’s the perfect balance of power and precision
- TPC Plus™ (Timing Port Closure): A hydraulic brake’s timing port is the connection between the reservoir and the master cylinder bore. When the lever is squeezed, a cup seal passes this area and closes the port, which pressurizes the system. SRAM’s new timing port closure system, called TPC Plus, features durable seals and an ultra-smooth cylinder bore finish producing dependable braking power and consistency
Buy SRAM Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.