Continental Grand Prix 4 Season 25c Tyres + 2 Tubes
With this pair of Grand Prix 4 Season road bike tyres installed on your bike, you’ll be able to ride confidently in all types of weather and over poor road surfaces without worrying about getting stranded miles from home. This is because in addition to the excellent traction of Continental’s Max Grip Silica compound, these tyres boast the Vectran puncture preventing strips and a DuraSkin layer, giving you unrivalled protection against road debris. The technology used in these tyres is the same as seen on pro-rider’s tyres at World Tour races and riders who run tyres like this encounter the least tyre-related issues.
Vectran and DuraSkin Puncture Protection
By utilising Continental's unique carbon compound for enhanced durability and wear, the Grand Prix 4 Season model is characterised by very good mileage performance as well as excellent grip on wet roads and low temperatures.
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Bead Type: Folding
- Compound: Max Grip Silica
- Casing: 3/330 TPI
- Puncture Protection: Yes, DuraSkin and Vectran breaker
- Tubeless Compatible: No
- Recommended Pressure: 95 PSI
- Maximum Pressure: 120 PSI
- Vectran breaker for unsurpassed puncture protection
- Lower rolling resistance
- Exceptional grip in wet conditions
- Styled on the GP4000 S II, but with extra protection layers for harsh weather conditions
- Duraskin® cut-resistant layer from bead to bead plus 2 extra Vectran breakers
- "Max Grip Silica" compound optimised for wet weather adhesion, low temperatures and extended tread life
- Included: 2x Continental Grand Prix 4 Season 25c Tyres & 2 inner tubes with Presta valves
- Weight: 240g (each)
- DuraSkin: This anti-tear fabric ensures reliability in extreme riding conditions. In the seriously demanding Paris-Roubaix race for example, cyclists using Continental tyres equipped with DuraSkin have the least amount of tyre-related problems during the race. Featuring a special wear-resistant carbon compound, which provides fantastic mileage durability as providing exceptional grip and traction on wet roads and at low temperatures
- Vectran Breaker: Vectran is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran is spun from melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk, like Vectran, has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight – exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bike tyre as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker and does not affect the superior rolling resistance
Buy Continental Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.