Spank 350 Vibrocore™ Mountain Bike Rim
Wide, strong but also lightweight, the 350 Vibrocore™ Mountain Bike (MTB) Rim is built to take on the toughest trails and help you to own them. Bringing you excellent stability and control at high speeds, Spank's tough aluminium construction ensures you'll keep rolling efficiently through challenging sections and when taking on huge drops and jumps.
Strong and Light Downhill Rim
With a unique low-profile height and width, you can trust this stiff and responsive rim for maximum performance as you take to the trails. Ideal for aggressive downhill riding, the Enhanced Vibrocore technology in the rim's inner well keeps your balance stable thanks to its reduction in harmful vibration frequencies over the roughest of terrains. The rim is also equipped with a BeadBite Anti-Burp System that reduces air loss from the tyre and an OohBah Inverted Inner Wall design that prevents twists and bends from riding impact. The 30mm internal width fits tyres from 2.0 to 2.6" as well as plus size tyres, making this trail-ready rim the ultimate choice for downhill and freeriding.
- Material: High-Performance Aluminium
- Rim Type: Clincher
- Inner Width: 30.5mm
- Outer Width: 35mm
- Brake Compatibility: Disc brake only
- Spoke Hole Count: 32
- Valve: Presta
- Tubeless Compatible: Yes
- Use: Downhill (DH), Enduro, Freeride (FR)
- Technologies: BeadBite Anti-burp, OohBah Inverted Inner Wall
- Weight: 27.5": 510g; 29": 545g (approx.)
- BeadBite: At an incredible range of pressures, Bead Bite is the solution to keeping your tyres burp free and fixed in place. Bead Bite rim technology enhances tubeless use with tyres of all types and with a greater range of air pressures. Bead Bite rims have 6 rows of tiny ridges that run along the vertical and horizontal faces of the bead seats. These tiny teeth create air seals between the rim and tyre as the bead conforms into them under air pressure. They dramatically increase frictional forces on the tyre bead, reducing the beads' ability to move vertically or horizontally (thus improving tyre stability and reducing burps). The bead becomes trapped between the vertical and horizontal ridges, even at very low air pressures. Even in tubed applications, Bead Bite rims tend to allow much lower air pressures with a reduced risk of pinch flats
- OohBah: The unique OohBah profile allows Spank to manufacture thinner walled, wider profiled, lighter rims without sacrificing strength or rigidity. Wider rims mean stiffer wheels and more tyre spread, leading to greater traction and improved comfort, and tyre performance. The "wave" shape of the OohBah inner tube adds strength and support to the vertical rim flange walls and prevent buckling. Normal straight or curved tube wells must be much thicker, and by default heavier, to offer the same support
Buy Spank Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.