Maxxis Rekon MTB WT Tyre - 3C - EXO - TR
Modifying the tread of Maxxis' own Ikon tyre, the Rekon offers more aggression to help conquer more technically-demanding trails. The L-shaped side knobs give your bike extra support on loose turns, an effect that's bolstered by the wider profile this tyre provides. The 3C Maxx Terra compound ensures excellent uphill traction that makes this tyre perfect for cross-country climbing, plus the EXO protection gives you a hassle-free, puncture-resistant ride even in tough conditions.
- Compound: 3C Maxx Terra
- TPI: 60
- Bead: Folding
- Max PSI: 50
- Weight: 780g
- EXO Protection: An extremely cut-resistant and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls of select mountain tyres. This densely woven fabric is also lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tyre remains unaffected. Choose EXO Protection for exceptionally rocky, treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high.
- Tubeless Ready: Tubeless tyres provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tyre; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube. Maxxis Tubeless Ready (TR) tyres provide the benefits of a UST tubeless tyre without the weight penalty. Their TR tyres use a standard casing and require the use of a liquid sealant in order to make them airtight. Maxxis Tubeless Ready tyres are the only Maxxis tyres approved for use with liquid sealants. Using a liquid sealant in any non-TR Maxxis tyre will void the warranty.
- 3C Mountain: Maxxis 3C Triple Compound mountain technology uses a harder, longer lasting base layer and two progressively softer top layers in order to optimize traction and stability. Maxxis offers three different configurations of our 3C Triple Compound mountain technology: Maxx Speed, Maxx Terra and Maxx Grip.
- MAXX TERRA: 3C Maxx Terra is softer and offers more traction than 3C Maxx Speed, yet provides better treadwear and less rolling resistance than Maxx Grip. The perfect compound if you like to ride exceptionally fast and tackle every obstacle with confidence.
- Wide Trail (WT): This construction optimises the tyre tread layout and profile on today’s modern wide rims. Traditional tyres are designed around older, narrower rims and create and overly square tyre profile, leading to less than optimal performance. WT tyres obtain peak performance when used with an inner rim width of 35mm but are proven to perform exceptionally with rim widths from 30 - 35mm.
Buy Maxxis Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.