Vitus Bikes Escarpe Pro Suspension Frame 2016
The ultimate medium travel trail riding weapon, the Escarpe Pro featured in the DIRT 100 as one of the Top 100 Trail Bikes of 2015. The culmination of 18 months of development, custom tuning work from Rockshox and testing - this 135mm trail shredder is one of THE most capable bikes on the market.
“The nature of the 135/150 set up requires a cleverer ride rather than a brutish one, and this can be the fun side of the bike. Its crisp, its stable, it’s well built and for the price you are getting one hell of a bike.” DIRT Magazine
- Intended use – Trail/Enduro
- Wheel size – 27.5”
- Travel – 135mm, Horst link suspension with horizontal floating shock mount.
- Recommended fork travel – 140-150mm
- Construction – 6061 T6 triple butted
- Large 15mm main axle with Collet lock security
- Shimano 142x12mm E Trough axle system
- Aggressive Trail Geometry (low, Slack, Long with short stem)
- Sizes – S, M, L, XL
- Removable High Direct FD mount.
- ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
- Bolt on downtube protector to protect the downtube and cables from rock strikes.
- Internal cable routing for Stealth Reverb
- Main pivot location - This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Escarpe has 55mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
- Leverage rate design - The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
- Rear wheel travel is controlled via the RockShox Monarch RT3 air shock which features a custom tune with rebound and two step compression adjustment.
- Frame: Hydroformed 6061-T6 Aluminium Frame with Four-bar V-Link Rear Suspension, 135mm Travel
- Shock: RockShox Monarch RT3, 190mm x 51mm, Custom tune HVI ML S 320
- Rear hub spacing: 142mm x 12mm E Thru
- BB: 73mm BSA
- ISCG05 chainguide tabs
- Front derailleur type: Direct mount
- Seatpost diameter: 31.6mm
- Headset size: ZS44/56
- Max tyre size: 27.5" x 2.5"
- Seatclamp size: 34.9mm
- Weight: 3.16kg/6.97lbs (size M)
Buy Vitus Frames from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.