Vitus Bikes Sommet Pro Suspension Frame 2016
Enduro racing; hammering technical descents; ascending with finesse; finding your limits long before you reach the limits of the all NEW 155mm travel Vitus Sommet! When performance and reliability are top of your list; get onboard the new Vitus Sommet and claim your place on the top of the podium!
- Intended use – Enduro
- Wheel size – 27.5”
- Travel – 155mm, Horst link suspension with horizontal floating shock mount.
- Recommended fork travel – 160-170mm
- Construction – 6061 T6 triple butted
- Large 15mm main axle with Collet lock security
- Shimano 142x12mm E Trough axle system
- Aggressive Enduro Geometry (low, Slack, Long with short stem)
- Sizes – S, M, L, XL
- Removable High Direct FD mount.
- ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
- Bolt on down tube protector to protect the down tube and cables from rock strikes.
- Internal cable routing for Stealth Reverb
- Main pivot location - This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Sommet has 66mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
- Leverage rate design - The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
- Frame: Hydroformed 6061-T6 Aluminium Frame with Four-bar V-Link Rear Suspension, 155mm Travel
- Shock: RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir, External Rebound & 3 Position Compression Damping, 200mm x 57mm, Custom tune DB ML
- Rear hub spacing: 142mm x 12mm E Thru
- BB: 73mm BSA
- ISCG05 chainguide tabs
- Front derailleur type: Direct mount
- Seatpost diameter: 31.6mm
- Headset size: ZS44/56
- Max tyre size: 27.5” x 2.5”
- Seatclamp size: 34.9mm
- Weight: 3.29kg/7.25lbs (size M)
Buy Vitus Frames from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.