Vitus Nucleus 26 Youth Hardtail Bike
The Nucleus 26 is a junior bike that's aimed at youth riders and takes inspiration from Vitus' award-winning adult Nucleus model. It features progressive geometry, a Box Four 8-speed drivetrain, Tektro hydraulic disc brakes and SR Suntour suspension forks.
Box Four 1x8-Speed Drivetrain with Wide-Range Cassette
Upgraded for 2021 with the excellent BOX Four 8 groupset, featuring a clutch activated rear mech, and a narrow wide 1X chainring. This 1 x 8 speed system paired with the 32T narrow-wide ring and 11-40 wide range cassette is the perfect setup to start ripping the trails. Up front the suspension is taken care of by an SR Suntour 100mm travel air suspension fork with lock out - adjustable for rider weight.
Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Tektro hydraulic disc brakes with a 160mm rotor's offer great stopping power and adjustable reach levers. Vitus wheels featuring Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25" tyres, and an all-aluminium finishing kit give the bike a look even parents are envious of.
- Frame: Nucleus Aluminium - 26" Wheel BSA Threaded Bb, IS Disc Brake Mounts, 135mm x 9mm QR
- Fork: SR Suntour XCR-DS-RL Air, Quick Release (QR) Axle
- Headset: FSA No:11g Semi-cartridge, 1.5mm Top Cover, Height 8.7mm
- Handlebar: Vitus Aluminium 6061 Aluminium, 15mm Rise, 9° Back Sweep, 620mm Wide
- Stem: Vitus Aluminium 6061 Aluminium, 40mm Length, +/- 3°
- Grip(Tape): Vitus 110mm, Closed End
- Front Rim: WTB ST i25 TCS 2.0 26", 32 Hole, Disc Specific
- Rear Rim: WTB ST i25 TCS 2.0 26", 32 Hole, Disc Specific
- Front Hub: Vitus KT K08f, 32 Hole, 6 Bolt, 100mm x 9mm QR
- Rear Hub: Vitus KT K08r, 32 Hole, 6 Bolt, 135mm x 9mm QR, 8/9/10 Speed Freehub
- Front Tyre: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 26” x 2.25”, Performance, Addix
- Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 26” x 2.25”, Performance, Addix
- Spokes: Vitus
- Chain: Box Four 8 Speed
- Crankset: Samox 165mm Crank Arm, 32T Narrow Wide Ring, Reduced Q Factor
- Bottom Bracket: BSA 24, 68mm
- Front Brake Set: Tektro Hd-m276 Hydraulic Disc, Reach Adjust
- Rear Brake Set: Tektro Hd-m276 Hydraulic Disc, Reach Adjust
- Rotors: Tektro Tr160 Front: 160mm, Rear: 160mm
- Rear Derailleur: Box Four 8 Speed Wide with Clutch
- Rear Shifter: Box Four 8 Speed Multi Shifter
- Freewheel: Sunrace CSM680 11-40T, 8 Speed
- Saddle: Vitus Kids
- Seat Post: Vitus 6061 Alloy, 27.2mm x 250mm, 20mm Offset
- Seat Screw: Vitus 31.8mm
- Weight: 12.37kg
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools and plastic pedals are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMx bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMx bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bikestore.