Vitus Bikes Sommet VR Suspension Bike - XT 1x11
The Sommet VR features a components package that is big on value and geared towards maximum fun! A high performance suspension package is perfectly balanced with a RockShox Yari RC 160mm fork up front and a custom tuned Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3 at the rear giving all the reliability you need to race, ascend and descend with finesse.
When performance and reliability is top of your list, climb on board the Sommet's quality aluminium frame and claim your place on the top of the podium!
Gear selections are flawless and precise thanks to the Shimano SLX shifting and a RaceFace Affect crankset Braking is taken care of via Shimano SLX Shimano hydraulic disc brakes. A Brand-X Ascend stealth dropper seatpost, WTB/Novatec wheelset and a Nukeproof/Vitus cockpit complete the package. Rear wheel travel is controlled via the RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 custom tuned shock, which features external rebound and three-position compression damping adjustment
- Frame: Hydroformed 6061-T6 Alloy Frame with Four-bar V-Link Rear Suspension, 155mm Travel
- Forks: RockShox Yari RC, Solo Air, Motion Control IS Damping, Rapid Recovery Rebound with High Speed Compression Circuit, Fast Black 35mm Stanchions, 160mm Travel, Maxle Ultimate Thru Axle
- Shock: RockShox Monarch Plus RC3, External Rebound & 3 Position Compression Damping, 200mm x 57mm, Custom tune ML
- Chainset: RaceFace Affect SL, 170mm, 32t
- Bottom Bracket: RaceFace Affect (BSA)
- Shifters: Shimano XT SL-M8000, 11-Speed
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT RD-M8000 Shadow Plus
- Cassette: Shimano XT CS-M8000, 11t-42t, 11-Speed
- Chain: KMC X11, 11-Speed
- Rims: WTB ST i25 TCS (tubeless ready), 27.5"
- Front Hub: Novatec D771SB-15 - 6 Bolt, 100mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Novatec D462SB-X12 - 6 Bolt, 142mm x 12mm
- Spokes: Stainless double butted
- Tyres: Front - WTB Vigilante TCS Light, High Grip Compound, 27.5" x 2.3" Rear – WTB Trail Boss TCS, Dual DNA Compound, UST Aramid Bead, 27.5" x 2.25"
- Front Brake: Shimano SLX BR-M7000, Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Rear Brake: Shimano SLX BR-M7000, Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead, 7075 Double Butted Alloy, 20mm Rise, 760mm Wide
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack (NO.57), 1.1/8" – 1.5"
- Stem: Stem: Vitus, 3D Forged 6061-T6 Aluminium, +/- 3 Degree Rise, 50mm Extension
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend Stealth Dropper, 31.6mm x 125mm Drop (100mm drop on size S)
- Seatclamp: Vitus QR
: 13.98kg/30.8lbs (size M)
- Main pivot location: This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay pivot location: This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle path: Because of the main pivot location the Sommet has 66mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
- Leverage rate design - The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer's boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer's boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.